Functional Training Company Ltd
At FTC Gym (Functional Training Company Ltd) we are committed to protecting your privacy.
We collect and process personal data about you to provide the services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
In addition when visiting our website we will provide you with “just in time” notices at the moment of data collection.
If you have any queries about this Notice please contact us at FTC Gym, 44 Whitehouse Rd, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5LU. Alternatively send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDENTITY OF DATA CONTROLLER
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information when you:
1. Complete a Membership Agreement
2. Register interest to receive information about FTC Gym latest news, products and/or offers.
3. Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
4. Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
5. Visit or browse our website.
6. Contact our team through telephone or email
7. Send an email to our email account, email@example.com
8. Enter your PIN number into one of our facilities entry systems
9. You have an accident in our gyms or there was an incident where you were a witness or personally affected.
10. When our teams take photos for our systems such as: Clubright and eGYM, or of your attendance at the club, part of an event or in a coaching session (Your permission will be asked beforehand).
We may also collect, match or acquire information about you from other organisations such as Google and Facebook.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect is required for the purpose of creating your Member Account and for you to enrol in our facilities. Such information allows you to be identified as a member of FTC Gym and includes:
1. Name, date of birth, gender, email address, postal address, telephone number, health declaration and whether you require disabled access
2. Credit or debit card information, information about your bank account number and sort code or other banking information. Note that we do not store your bank or credit card details on our web servers
3. Your usage records and duration of visits
4. Your preferences for particular products or services or interests when you tell us what they are – or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services
5. Your contact with us, such as a note or recording of a call you make to our contact centre, an email or other records of any contact you have with us
6. Your membership information – such as dates of payment owed and received, the services you use and any other information related to your account
7. Your head and shoulders photograph, health assessments and analysis, equipment settings, training data, height and weight.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information that you have requested, for administration purposes, to improve your experience with our brand, and marketing. We may need to share your information with our service providers, associated organisations and agents for these purposes. We may use your information to:
1. Process your membership application through Clubright Ltd, our chosen membership software. For further information on how Clubright will use your data, please visit: https://clubright.co.uk/privacy-policy
2. Bill you for using our services as part of your membership through GoCardless Ltd or Stripe Ltd our chosen payment merchants.
3. The fulfilment of the contract for services which you have requested from eGYM. If you choose to, the information gathered by these machines and the eGym software will be shared with FTC Gym and it’s personal trainers. For further information on how eGym will use your data, please visit: https://egym.com/en/privacy-policy/
4. Keep you informed about our services including operational matters relating to your Membership.
5. Provide relevant services to you.
6. Confirm your attendance to personal or group training
7. To allow you to monitor your facility usage in member areas
8. Contact you with offers or promotions based on our analysis of how you use our services and what we think will be of interest to you (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
9. Respond to any questions or concerns you might have about our services
10. Understand how you use our services, to help us develop relevant and updated services
11. Carry out research and statistical analysis to monitor how customers use our services
12. Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes.
Where we process your personal data based on your consent you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, for example your consent to receive direct marketing. If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, please visit your profile section within the Member’s Area of Clubright and within your profile settings within your eGYM Fitness App where you can opt out. You can choose to opt out of all marketing or select your marketing preferences. Alternatively, if you are no longer a member, and wish to remove your consent to receive marketing content please contact by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll store your information for as long as you are a Member of FTC Gym or following cancellation and to meet legal requirements including financial audit, anti-fraud and money laundering regulations we will store your information for no more than 6 years from the last activity on the account.
This, in turn, helps us make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognise you if you visit our website again.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have a dedicated team whose function is to secure our clients’ information and also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information we collect and maintain is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We ensure the organisations that provide us with services related to your membership have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we have authorised them to. These organisations will not be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the internet. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
WILL WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We may share information about you with:
Service providers, agents and associated organisations to allow us to service your membership and communicate with you; for example, financial institutions to process payments, and freelance personal trainers when you sign up to classes, Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities where we have a legal obligation to do so.
We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If we’re reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation. We will inform you if we do.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR AUTOMATIC DECISION MAKING
We do not intend to use your personal data for automatic decision making.
THIRD PARTY TRACKING
We use tools such as Google Analytics for collecting personal data about our website visitor’s online activities over time and across different web sites for marketing purposes. This is so we can ensure our website gives you the best possible experience.
COLLECTION OF CHILDREN'S DATA
FTC Gym does not collect or process children’s data.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to your data privacy: the right of access; the right of rectification; the right of erasure (the “right to be forgotten”); the right to restriction of processing; the right to be notified; the right to data portability; the right of objection; and the right to not be subject to automated profiling.
Access. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Please contact us through email to email@example.com or in writing to the address below. There is not normally a fee for this service.
Rectification. If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, or your personal details change, please update your profile on the Clubright Member’s area and in your profile settings on your eGym Fitness App. Debit, Credit and Bank account changes can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Erasure. You have the right to the erasure of the data we hold on you, when it is no longer needed for the purposes of your Membership, or when you withdraw your consent for our processing (and we have no other lawful basis to hold your data).
Restriction. You have the right to ask us to place restrictions on processing your data in certain circumstances.
Notification. You have the right to be notified of any rectification, erasure or restrictions in relation to your personal data.
Portability. You have a right to receive the data we hold on you electronically in a format that allows it to be easily transferred to another data controller.
Object. You have the right to object to data processing of your personal data for direct marketing or profiling purposes.
Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to any decision based on automatic processing of your personal data.
The address to be used to obtain a copy of your personal information. FTC Gym, 44 Whitehouse Rd, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5LU. You can also contact us by emailing email@example.com.